MARCH 30, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
UPDATE 3/30/2020 8:00 A.M.
GOVERNOR WOLF'S STAY AT HOME ORDER NOW INCLUDES LANCASTER COUNTY
All individuals in counties subject to this policy must STAY AT HOME except for certain essential activities and work to provide life-sustaining business and government services. This order is effect until THURSDAY, APRIL 30, 2020.
Individuals may leave their residence ONLY to perform any of the following allowable individual
activities and allowable essential travel.
- Tasks essential to maintain health and safety, or the health and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets), such as obtaining medicine or medical supplies, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home.
- Getting necessary services or supplies for themselves or their family or household members, or to
deliver those services or supplies to others, such as getting food and household consumer
products, pet food, and supplies necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential
operation of residences. This includes volunteer efforts to distribute meals and other life-sustaining services to those in need.
- Engaging in outdoor activity, such as walking, hiking or running if they maintain social distancing.
- To perform work providing essential products and services at a life-sustaining business.
- To care for a family member or pet in another household.
For additional information about this STAY AT HOME ORDER please click HERE
The Federal, State and County Governments have announced Disaster Declarations in response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. West Earl Township is doing its part to mitigate the spread while diligently working towards the safety of our residents, businesses, and staff. West Earl Township Board of Supervisors is announcing a Declaration of Disaster Emergency for the Township effective March 17, 2020. This Declaration will allow for Township officials to make decisions to mitigate the effects of this pandemic on the residents of West Earl.
This Declaration of Disaster Emergency affords West Earl Township some flexibility by allowing time consuming procedures and formalities to be streamlined as we work within the guidelines of the CDC, Federal Government and PA Governor and County Offices to execute our plans for the safety of our residents, businesses, and staff.
Until Thursday, April 30, 2020, at which time this emergency situation will be re-evaluated, the following will be in effect:
- The Township building will be operating with a limited number of key personnel. (This will not affect the West Earl Police Department.)
- Township building will be closed to any walk-ins.
- Payments can be mailed as usual or may be dropped in the secure mail drop located at the Township building. All payments will be credited according to the post-marked date or the date received.
- UPDATE: 3/19/2020 2:30PM - The Township WILL be able to add additional funds to compost cards. Please drop the funds (preferably check) in the secure deposit box at the Municipal building with the following information included:
- Compost card number (located on back of card)
- Number of trips to the compost yard you are requesting
- Include a check for the entire amount
- DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR COMPOST CARD--we do not need it to add funds
- Check compost card pricing HERE
- UPDATE: 3/23/2020 11:00AM - Eagle Disposal has suspended YARD WASTE and BULK disposal pick-up at this time. REGULAR TRASH PICK-UP WILL RUN AS SCHEDULED. Eagle Disposal has not given a date as to when they will resume these services. Once these services resume, that will be posted to this website and the Township's Facebook page.
- Zoning permits and other applications may be submitted via e-mail. Please call the Township office for details.
The Township website will be updated with information as the situation changes. The Township’s Facebook page will also have information updated as we get it.
West Earl Township Board of Supervisors Media Contact: Jenna Seesholtz, Township Manager 717-859-3201 email@example.com.
WHITE GOODS PICKUP HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO SATURDAY, MAY 9, 2020.
Facts About COVID-19/Coronavirus
Daily COVID-19/Coronavirus updates from the PA Department of Health
UPDATE: Park Closures 3/27/2020
West Earl Township has closed the following parks and recreational areas due to COVID-19.
The walking trail located in Sylvan B. Fisher Park is open for use. The barricades located at the parking lot have been removed. Please practice the guidelines the State set for social distancing. All other parks in the Township will remain closed at this time. We will update the Township website and the Facebook page as things change. Thank you.
The township regrets this decision but it's needed to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- The Lions Park on Route 772 Talmage
- The West Earl Township Park, located in front of the Township building at 157 W. Metzler Road, Brownstown. This includes the basketball and tennis courts.
- Eagle View Playground located on Eagle Drive.
UPDATE FROM EAGLE DISPOSAL 3/30/2020
Effective Monday, March 30th, Eagle Disposal will be enforcing the following collection mandates in an effort to protect our frontline team members and as a result of having a limited workforce during this COVID-19 pandemic:
- All trash must be bagged and tied. If you’re in a municipality that has a mobile cart, all bags must be placed inside your mobile cart. Loose items will be not be collected.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside your recycling container(s), including your flattened cardboard. Recyclable items left outside of your recycling container will not be collected.
- We will enforce the bag and/ or cart limits as designated by your municipality.
- Bulk item and yard waste collection is suspended until further notice. We are doing this so we can continue to focus all our efforts and personnel on trash and recycling collection.
All of the above actions are being put in place to help protect the health and safety of our team members. After the COVID-19 crisis is over, we will resume our normal collection practices and reinstate bulk item and yard waste collection services. Please continue to check our website and social media page.
WHITE GOODS PICKUP HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO SATURDAY, MAY 9, 2020.
We appreciate your help, understanding, and patience as we all navigate these unprecedented times together.
Mulch will be available this year
Street sweeping will begin in May
Comcast Cable - click here for the most recent list of streets where cables will be installed as of September 25, 2019.
2020 Budget Summary
Non-motorized Transportation Plan
Free Little Library
Farmersville Bridge Replacement Project
PENNVEST Homeowner Septic Program
Board of Supervisors
2nd and 4th Monday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
2nd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
1st Monday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
3rd Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
Park & Recreation Board
3rd Monday of the month (as needed) at 7:00 p.m.
Zoning Hearing Board
1st Wednesday of the month (as needed) at 7:00 p.m.