SEWER BILLING INFORMATION
The West Earl Sewer Authority provides sanitary sewer service to 1,246 residential customers and 61 commercial customers. The residential user fee for sewer is a flat rate of $58.50 per month. Commercial sewer customers are billed based on their monthly usage.
If your property has a Leola address (and public sewer or water) and is located within West Earl Township your water and sewer service are provided by Upper Leacock Township. Leola residents may contact Upper Leacock Township at 717-656-9755 with any questions about water or sewer service. Exceptions include homes with a Kenneth Drive, Marlene Way or Joy Circle address.
Utility bills can be paid in the following ways:
- By mail (PO Box 787, Brownstown, PA 17508)
- At the Township Building (157 W. Metzler Rd., Brownstown)
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover. American Express or electronic check (fee applies for all online payments). Follow this link to pay online.
- After hours night drop box located to the right of the front door of the Township building.
Penalties - to avoid penalties on your account, payments must be received in our office by 4:00 P.M. on the due date specified on your bill. A penalty charge is 10% of the billed amount.
Non-sufficient funds - a $20.00 fee will be charged to the account whenever a check is returned to the Township unpaid by the customer's financial institution.
BY RESOLUTION 2013-10 ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF WEST EARL TOWNSHIP THE FOLLOWING IS IN EFFECT:
Application of Payment - payments less than the total amount due will be applied to the oustanding balances in the following order (not all charges that are listed below will apply to all customers).
- Sewer penalty charges.
- Grinder pump operation charges.
- Past due sewer charges.
- Water penalty charges.
- Past due water charges.
- Refuse/recycling penalty charges.
- Past due refuse/recycling charges.
- Current sewer charges.
- Current water charges.
- Current refuse/recycling charges