SEWER BILLING INFORMATION
The West Earl Sewer Authority provides sanitary sewer service to 1,246 residential customers and 61 commercial customers. The residential user fee for sewer is a flat rate of $58.50 per month. Commercial sewer customers are billed based on their monthly usage.
If your property has a Leola address (and public sewer or water) and is located within West Earl Township your water and sewer service are provided by Upper Leacock Township. Exceptions include homes with a Kenneth Drive, Marlene Way or Joy Circle address.
Utility bills can be paid in the following ways:
- By mail (PO Box 787, Brownstown, PA 17508)
- At the Township Building (157 W. Metzler Rd., Brownstown)
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover. American Express or electronic check (fee applies for all online payments). Follow this link to pay online.
- After hours night drop box located to the right of the front door of the Township building.
Penalties - to avoid penalties on your account, payments must be received in our office by 4:00 P.M. on the due date specified on your bill. A penalty charge is 10% of the billed amount.
Non-sufficient funds - a $20.00 fee will be charged to the account whenever a check is returned to the Township unpaid by the customer's financial institution.
BY RESOLUTION 2013-10 ADOPTED BY THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF WEST EARL TOWNSHIP THE FOLLOWING IS IN EFFECT:
Application of Payment - payments less than the total amount due will be applied to the oustanding balances in the following order (not all charges that are listed below will apply to all customers).
- Sewer penalty charges.
- Grinder pump operation charges.
- Past due sewer charges.
- Water penalty charges.
- Past due water charges.
- Refuse/recycling penalty charges.
- Past due refuse/recycling charges.
- Current sewer charges.
- Current water charges.
- Current refuse/recycling charges